None of us are dating experts. And no, looks are not the be all and end all. Good looking people around the world also struggle when it comes to affairs of the heart!
The truth is, there is no magic formula, but there are some sensible facts that you should always bear in mind. Dating tips are just that – tips. They work differently for different people. However, I have noticed some that keep cropping up and therefore it’s worth noting them here.
Top Dating Tips
• Be prepared for dating. Decide who you are looking for, do your research and be ready to commit yourself. Also be prepared for some let downs, but don’t take dating too seriously either.
• Get your act together. Join a gym, get fit and start a healthy diet. Get your hair styled. Though this will not find you a date in itself, you will feel a lot better and more confident about yourself.
• Treat yourself to new clothes. Get your image right, one that flatters you. But don’t go overboard. Go for an image that you feel comfortable with and that you can easily manage. People appreciate appearance.
• Think about your dating goals then approach dating accordingly. If you don’t take dating too seriously then ask yourself why you are dating and what you hope to achieve.
• Be realistic about yourself and of your chances! Choose those you have a good chance of dating, don’t aim too low but aim accordingly. In other words, your dating is based on the whole package that you present as well as your personality.
• If you travel to work by car, take the bus some days. This will place you in a whole new environment for you to meet potential partners. Find out near where you live you are likely to meet people and join clubs, societies, sporting events, drama groups, etc. for the kind of partner you are looking for.
• Dating is an ongoing process and batteries need recharging every so often. Keeping your confidence and optimism levels high is an absolute must.
• Enjoy dating. The thrill of meeting people and socializing and spending time with them might bring you a sparkle. You may well find one or two fabulous people along the way.
• People like mystery and the thrill of the chase when dating. In keeping with this do not sleep with your dates early on if you want them to progress, so keep sex until later. The longer a person is made to chase and fall for you, the more likely that love may blossom.